Child friendly / Cot available
Pabbay House is graded as 4 star (self catering) by Visit Scotland. Inspections are carried out annually.
Bedrooms1 Double Room (Double Bed)
1st Twin Room (Two Single Beds)
2nd Twin Room (Two Single Beds)
BathroomSpacious Ground Floor Bathroom
KitchenElectric Oven and Hob
Range of Cutlery and Crockery
Iron and Ironing Board
Living RoomWood burning stove
32inch Samsung TV
3 seater sofas
Pabbay House is located in the crofting village of Back which is approximately 6 miles from Stornoway, the main town on the Island. It is a very central location and convenient for making day trips to all parts of Lewis and Harris. The house itself is on a main bus route. We offer our guests the opportunity to be collected and returned either to the airport at Stornoway or to and from the Stornoway ferry terminal.
- The house has 1 double room and 2 twin rooms and can accommodate up to 6 people. The double room is the only ground floor bedroom. There is 1 spacious bathroom located on the ground floor also. There is a fully equipped kitchen with electric oven and hob, washing machine, tumble dryer, microwave, iron and ironing board, and a range of cutlery and crockery.
- Pabbay House is graded as 4 star (self catering) by Visit Scotland. Inspections are carried out annually by Visit Scotland.
- The house is fully centrally heated with a wood burning stove in the living room.
- Linen and towels are provided for your stay and if changes are required during your stay then we are more than happy to do so.
- Pets are more than welcome in the house as long as they are kept down stairs on the wooden floors and kept out of the bedrooms.
- Children are also very welcome to stay in the house and if you require a cot for the younger members of the family then we will happily provide this.
- There is free WIFI.
Whats around us
On a clear day there are outstanding views from the house across the minch to the mainland of Scotland. The mountains of Assynt and Sutherland can be clearly seen. One of the advantages of the Island of Lewis being situated in the North of Scotland is that between October and April the Northern Lights or Aurora Borealis can be seen on a regular basis.
Alternatively again due to the latitude the Island of Lewis experiences very little darkness during the summer months. In fact around the turn of midsummer there is no darkness at all, there is a transition from daylight to dusk and back again to daylight in a very short period of time. To fully appreciate this one really has to experience it for themselves.
The house is ideally situated for all the outdoor activities the Outer Hebrides has to offer. This includes fresh water and salt water fishing, bird watching, hill walking, cycling, or simply enjoying the stunning scenery walking along one of the many beaches in close proximity to the house. Check out Outer Hebrides Activities for more info on activities on Lewis!